Vastu for Home Interiors: Ways to boost positive energy of your home
1. Vastu for the Main Entrance: Doorway
According to Vastu Shastra, the main entrance to a home is not only the entry point for the family, but also for energy.
As per Vastu, the main door should be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- Considered as the “archway to victory and progress in life”, the main door should face north, east or in the north-east direction. It must be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- The main door to your home should be constructed with superior quality wood. It should tower above the other doors in your house, and look the most appealing.
- Avoid placing a fountain, or any other decorative water-centric element, outside the main door.
- Avoid placing a shoe rack or dustbin outside the main door.
- There shouldn’t be a bathroom near the main door.
- Ensure the main entrance is well lit.
- Avoid painting the main door black.
- Decorate your door with beautiful nameplates and auspicious torans.
- Avoid placing animal statues or figurines near the main door.
- Ensure your main door opens in a clockwise manner.
2. Vastu for the Meditation Room Spirituality
Designating a room in the house for meditation and prayers will ensure spiritual growth. It is always important for an individual to introspect and connect to a higher power
An option for a meditation room in a Vastu compliant home.
- The east or north-east part of your home is perfect for meditation, yoga and other spiritual pursuits.
- Facing east when you meditate will increase positivity
- Create a sacred altar and decorate it with candles or incense sticks
- White, beige, light yellow or green are great colour options for the room
3. Vastu for the Living Room: Social
In a home, the living room is where most of the activity is centred. It creates a favourable (or unfavourable) first impression when guests enter for social gatherings. Therefore, ensure the living room is clutter-free.
A living room in a Vastu compliant home:
- The living room should face east, north or north-east. Alternatively, a north-west-facing living room is also favourable.
- Heavy furniture should be kept in the west or south-west direction of the living room.
- All electronics and appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room
- If there is a mirror in the room, ensure it is placed on the north wall
4. Vastu for the Courtyard: Cosmic Centre of the Home
Brahmasthan is a unique feature of ancient Indian architecture based on Vastu Shastra. It is the centre of your abode and is considered to be the holiest and most powerful zone of the house.
- This part of your home should be spotless and clutter-free. A circumference of 1 to 1.5 metres of the Brahmasthan should not have any obstructions or built-up area.
- The placement of the kitchen, bathroom or a pillar/beam attracts negative energy. This could have an adverse effect on the health of your family members.